Backhoe Loader Simulator
The new Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator puts you at the controls of a backhoe loader (BHL), also called "Loader Backhoe" and "Tractor Loader Backhoe (TLB), at work in a typical construction site.
Training efficiency is delivered through a modular Instructional Design that teaches real skills for productive and safe equipment operations in the field. Special configuration parameters allow instructors to modify the 3D modelling to select one of five possible color combinations, and set the number of lift arm cylinders to one or two. This flexibility makes the simulated Backhoe Loader look like the equipment sold by all the leading OEMs.
Other configuration parameters make it possible to set up just one display where space is limited, or three displays in front to create a much larger field of view. Also unique to Simlog, a rear display can be added to teach new operators to turn their heads when backing up. All you need is one off-the-shelf PC! Either use your own computer, or choose the convenience of our PC bundle with the software already installed, licensed, and ready to go in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
Now use 4 Displays (or just one)
You can now use three forward-looking big screen displays and one backward looking display to look:
- to the left
- straight ahead
- to the right
- to the back.
- (You can still use one display if space is limited)
Video demonstrations of the backhoe loader simulator
These video clips illustrate the capabilities of the backhoe loader simulator:
Exposing Underground Utilities
The Backhoe Loader simulator is instructionally designed to maximize trainee learning. It begins with simple tasks and progresses to sessions where they learn best practices for handling more complex tasks. This Backhoe Loader training simulator consists of nine simulation modules of increasing difficulty:
- Controls Familiarization
- Bucket Positioning, for driving forwards and backwards with separate targets for the loader and backhoe buckets
- Stockpiling, to move material from a digging zone to a dumping zone with the loader bucket
- Truck Loading - Loader, using rocks
- Following Grade, with the backhoe
- Truck Loading - Backhoe, using rocks
- Exposing Buried Utilities - Parallel Excavation, piping is aligned with the positioning of the Backhoe Loader
- Exposing Buried Utilities - Perpendicular Excavation
Trainees can progress at their own pace without supervision.
- 9 Simulation Modules of increasing difficulty
- 62 Performance Indicators to comprehensively evaluate the simulated work
- 2 Procedure and Fatal errors to detect incorrect and unsafe operator actions
- Many kinds of USB-ready simulator controls and mounting options
- SAE and ISO Joystick Patterns supported
- Support for multiple displays
- Configuration parameters to modify the 3D modelling and set the number of lift arm cylinders
- Viewpoints from inside and outside the cabin that can be changed during simulation
- HD Instructional Video for each Simulation Module
- E-book Instructional Companion
Key "Performance Indicators" measure how quickly and how carefully the simulated work is performed. With 62 Performance Indicators, feedback is diagnostic, instead of just a consolidated pass/fail score. They include execution time, bucket orientation errors, hydraulic slams and collisions.
A variety of incorrect operating conditions will trigger "Procedure Errors", such as driving "out of bounds". Finally, conditions related to safety receive special attention: a Backhoe Loader overturn condition will trigger "Fatal Errors" and the simulation immediately stops.
Simulation results are automatically saved on the PC, along with data about any procedure and fatal errors. To simplify record keeping, a database product called Simulation Manager is available; the same database can be used with all of the simulators VISTA sells.
Please contact us for pricing of a commercial software license for the Backhoe Loader simulator. Even small accidents due to inexperience can cost thousands of dollars in replacement parts and downtime on an actual Backhoe Loader - far in excess of your investment in this training tool.
The Backhoe Loader simulator represents an excellent training value and helps improve the safety of your Backhoe Loader operators and the people who work in close proximity to them. Consider it a priceless investment in the health and wellness of your workers.
Contact us for more information
For more information about this Backhoe Loader simulator, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-910-1376 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.