A revolution in haul truck operator training: TruckLogic
TruckLogic is a revolutionary new model of haul truck operator training, which integrates web-based training, simulation and on-the-job training tools. It is designed to help your mine to train your new haul truck operators faster and at a lower cost than traditional instructor-led training, while also improving safety in the mine. This unique approach to operator training is a first in the mining industry.
TruckLogic is instructionally designed to:
- On-board new haul truck operator trainees quickly
- Help new operators reach their production targets quickly and safely
- Minimize reactive maintenance and improve haul truck life
- Improve the consistency and overall level of operator performance
- Reduce the impact of training on production
- Reduce training costs
- 16 computer-based training (CBT) lessons containing over 800 screens of interactive, multimedia-enhanced content, which provide in-depth training in basic operating principles, best practices and potential problem scenarios
- Embedded "check your knowledge" quizzes measure what each student has learned; test results can be stored in a learning management system and used to tailor coaching to each trainee.
- An affordable PC-based simulator from VISTA helps trainees gain experience in the core skills of operating a mining truck productively, in a safe environment.
- On-the-job training (OJT) materials: Structured ride-along activities reinforce what trainees have learned in the CBT sessions and the simulator. The field trainer versions of these OJT tools contain checklists and space for recording notes and operator assessments.
- Laminated diagrams: Laminated diagrams of haul truck control layouts and pre-use inspection steps help operators to retain what they've learned.
All of the elements of this training curriculum have been instructionally designed to meet the needs of adult learners. The blended learning model employed by TruckLogic helps your new haul truck operators to retain more of what they've learned. That, in turn, means less retraining in the field and faster on-boarding.
How does your existing operator training program compare?
Traditional classroom training is no longer adequate to meet the needs of operators of today's sophisticated, multi-million dollar haul trucks. It's not enough to fill the heads of new trainees with information, and then expect them to operate complex production assets safely and productively. Your operator training program may be limiting your ability to improve productivity and safety in your mine.
Do your haul truck operators understand how their performance impacts the mine's overall productivity and profitability? Operators who dump loads outside target areas, fail to position accurately at the shovel or who inadvertently damage or destroy expensive, hard-to-get truck tires can have a significant negative impact on your bottom line. A single safety incident can kill a mine's productivity for days
How do you know if your new operators have retained what they learned? Are you willing to risk your mine's productivity, profitability and safety record if they haven't?
A small investment in training can yield a major bottom-line impact
Improving the effectiveness of your haul truck operator training can help you to significantly increase your mine's productivity and reduce unplanned maintenance expenses. Use these 3 calculators to determine how much you can save at your mine.
What you are not measuring may be affecting your productivity
If you are not measuring the effectiveness of your haul truck operator training, you may be missing a valuable opportunity.
A visual summary of the TruckLogic curriculum
Click here to view a single-page summary of a typical implementation of this training program.
Suncor update: Further proof of the effectiveness of the TruckLogic™ curriculum
The TruckLogic™ haul truck training curriculum has accomplished something truly remarkable at Suncor Energy: The reduction in the incident rate has held steady since the pilot program ended one year ago this month.
Suncor achieves impressive results with TruckLogic
VISTA Training Inc. recently presented a technical paper at the 2011 Haulage & Loading Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that summarized the results Suncor Energy has achieved with its new TruckLogic haul truck operator training curriculum.
Get a sneak peek at TruckLogic™
To help you better understand how TruckLogic™ can benefit your mine, we recently developed a demonstration lesson that gives you an inside look at this new model of haul truck operator training.
New research study says safety, operational effectiveness are top mine concerns
A recent survey of top-level mining executives worldwide shows that the major issues they're concerned about are aligned almost perfectly with the benefits that TruckLogic offers.