Due Diligence - Alberta
This important program focuses on Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) regulations that govern safety in the Canadian province of Alberta. However, the concepts apply to most any location in the world.
Due Diligence - Alberta is part of VISTA's growing family of Silver Series online training programs, 1-2 hours in length and delivered via the web. These programs are ideal for new operator training.
Due diligence is a way to think about safety as an integral part of every job. It is a lifesaver in that it helps ensure a safe workplace. Whether your job environment is a large, open-pit mine or a construction job site in a crowded urban area, everyone can benefit from an understanding of the principles of due diligence.
Due diligence encourages not only thinking about compliance with legislated standards but also taking steps to help ensure the health and safety of workers and others on the work site. Employers and workers must do all that is reasonably practical to ensure the safety of everyone in a work area. It means working with care, showing that you care enough about your workplace and your colleagues to know your responsibilities, and taking all reasonable steps to carry them out safely.
This program covers topics that include:
- The definition of due diligence
- Strict versus absolute liability
- Responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers for health and safety in the workplace
- The dangers of non-compliance with the due diligence provisions of the OH&S Act
- A due diligence checklist for employers
- Penalties for offenses under the OH&S Act
Do your equipment operators have a "safety first" mindset? Do they regard it as an integral part of their jobs? If not, then you ought to have them review this training module. It's also an excellent way to get new hires off on the right foot, with the proper mindset toward jobsite safety.
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safety? This web-based training course can be delivered any time, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Estimated length of training program: 1 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 16
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date and test score
Incorrect Question Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days
This program is available for individual purchase OR as part of a library. (View Library Pricing)
If you have any questions about this Silver Series training program, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGN UP TODAY for the VISTA e-newsletter
Safety tips and product updates - delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- Equipment safety and productivity tips
- Upcoming sales promotions
- Customer success stories
- And much more!
NEW LIBRARY PRICING
for Silver Series modules
An annual or monthly license fee provides unlimited access to all programs in a selected library - for all your employees
- Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment - Mining
- Support Equipment
- Lifting & Rigging
- Pipelayer Installation
- VISTA Video Training Library
Silver Series Benefits
- Conduct operator training - 24/7
- Convenient delivery via web browser
- Pay by credit card or PayPal and access the program immediately
- Programs average 1-2 hours in length
- "Check your knowledge" questions for improved knowledge retention
- Integrated test to verify learning
- A printable, customized certificate of completion for your records