Backhoe Loader - Operation & Safety
In this program you will learn Operation & Safety of this versatile and common piece of equipment, the backhoe loader (a.k.a., tractor loader backhoe). The course contains eight lessons, including design features and components reviewed in relation to safety and productivity.
- Safety aspects of operation such as proper PPE, underground utility precautions and inspecting your worksite are shown.
- The pre-use inspection lesson covers external checks, engine checks, fluid checks, moving part hazards, brake checks and more.
- Machine controls, start-up procedures, monitoring systems and machine function are addressed and explored.Loader operation will concentrate on methods to effectively use the backhoe loader for different functions.
- On the jobsite techniques are taught for initial set up, digging and backfilling, loading a truck, and working with stockpiles.
- The final lesson focuses on the correct procedures of machine shutdown, parking the machine, and fueling the backhoe loader.
Recommended Prerequisite(s): Heavy Equipment - Intro & Safety, Heavy Equipment - Pre-Use Inspection
Estimated length of training program: 1 hour + final test
Number of test Questions: 25
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date and test score
Incorrect Question Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days
This program is available for individual purchase OR as part of a library. (View Library Pricing)
If you have any questions about this Silver Series training program, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
SIGN UP TODAY for the VISTA e-newsletter
Safety tips and product updates - delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- Equipment safety and productivity tips
- Upcoming sales promotions
- Customer success stories
- And much more!
NEW LIBRARY PRICING
for Silver Series modules
An annual or monthly license fee provides unlimited access to all programs in a selected library - for all your employees
- Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment - Mining
- Support Equipment
- Lifting & Rigging
- Pipelayer Installation
- VISTA Video Training Library
Silver Series Benefits
- Conduct operator training - 24/7
- Convenient delivery via web browser
- Pay by credit card or PayPal and access the program immediately
- Programs average 1-2 hours in length
- "Check your knowledge" questions for improved knowledge retention
- Integrated test to verify learning
- A printable, customized certificate of completion for your records