High Performance Operator Training Curricula for Mining
VISTA's Gold Series operator training curricula for mining are significantly more effective than traditional stand-alone computer-based training programs.
Many mines today are finding traditional classroom training or computer-based training by itself isn't as effective as it should be. Trainees are not retaining enough of the knowledge they have learned when they transition from the learning lab to actual equipment in the field.
A blended learning curriculum, which utilizes multiple media to deliver learning that is best suited to the needs of adults, can help mines to address this training challenge. Blended learning curricula often include these components:
- Computer-based learning
- Check your knowledge quizzes and tests
- Job aids and other performance support tools
- Assessment data and feedback loops
- Structured on-the-job (OJT) coaching and mentoring
VISTA Training has taken the lead in the mining industry by developing the Gold Series - instructionally designed, integrated learning programs which help mines deliver the superior productivity and unmatched safety they demand.
TruckLogic™ - Haul truck operator training curriculum
TruckLogic™ is a revolutionary new method of haul truck operator training which integrates web-based training, simulation and on-the-job training tools. It is designed to help your mine to train your new haul truck operators faster, at a lower cost than traditional instructor-led training, while also improving safety in the mine. This unique approach to operator training is a first in the mining industry.
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- "Chunking" and integration of tasks maximizes learning
- Blended learning curriculum is ideally suited to the needs of adult learners
- Structured field training exercises
- A train the trainer program helps with program roll-out (optional)
- Track training results using a learning management system
- Provide operators with OJT leave-behind tools to reinforce what they have learned